Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday Morning and Mother's Day

Good morning, all.  It's a quiet Monday morning in the crazy cat lady house.  I have all the windows open because spring has finally decided to settle in.  Just fed the "kids" and they are either in open windows or settling in for naps.  Or both!  Must be nice to be a cat.

These are not my babies, but they are just too cute!  Happy Mother's Day!
My Mother's Day was really nice.  It actually started Friday.  We went to buy my mother-in-law a new TV, because hers was quitting.  While we were there, my husband surprised me and bought me a something I've been drooling over for a couple of years.  A Keurig coffee machine!  I just tried it out this morning and I love it!  Thank you, honey!  Then on Saturday, my husband took me and my daughter to see Iron Man 3 (which is excellent!).   Sunday was the best.  I got the whole day off to do whatever I wanted.  My daughter presented me with a great homemade card and a little money to spend at the craft store.  My husband did almost all the laundry (which was way behind) and folded it AND put it away.  Wow!  We opted not to go out for lunch because of the suspected crowds.  So I picked what I wanted and brought it home.  Watched a few shows we had recorded.  Then I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and go outside.  Took a blanket, a book and my pasty white self out in the sunshine.  We have a huge back yard and it feels like being in a park if you go down far enough.  Dozed in the sun for awhile and read my book.  It was so peaceful and wonderful.  When I came back inside, my husband had made dinner.  Best Mother's Day yet!  Thank you to my husband and daughter for my great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment